Monday, May 05, 2008

~ So Long My Friend ~



Hmmm. First things first. I wish to dedicate this post to Jordan Tay Yong Ming. My friend, and ex-colleague from parkway health corporate comms, who passed away yesterday, due to a traffic accident.

At first I thought it was some rumours that was just being spread around but later i msged jith and the news was confirmed. The guy was only in his twenties, with lots of passion and flair. He once told me that he would stay in corp comms just long enough to get him a good resume and quickly change jobs(cos of the boss issue). Well he just quit bout few months ago only. hai... My friend, if only you'd seen it coming, maybe you could've quit sooner. hah.

Speaking of the boss, i bumped into him just now at Mt. E. He asked me if i was heading over to the wake and stuff. Then passed me $50 for dinner. ~_~

So i used the $50 to take a cab down and gave $20 as "white gold". hah.

Well at least i bumped into him(Jordan) in the streets awhile back over the weekend when he quit Corp Comms. Was glad to see that guy again, didn expect that to be the last time though =\

Well, thats my first, friend's funeral which i attended. Hopefully there wont be any in a long time to come. Like wth la. I haven even attended a first "friend's wedding" hai...


In other news, my grandfather is in a hospice, transferred from a hospital due to a fall. Last weekend we went to visit him and he just seemed so out of whack, his talking reduced to mumbling and the kind of things he talked bout sometimes didn makes sense. Now he cant take solid foods so his "meals" are just nutrient fluids passed down an angi-tube which is connected through his nose. I dont know if i got the spelling right but yea i guess its the same thing iron man pulled out of his nose after he woke up from the terrorist attack...

As you can prolly imagine, having a tube stuck all the way down from your nose is gonna be quite uncomfortable. So i guess thats why my gramps made attempts to remove it... =\ Its not an A class ward so they don't have one nurse to one patient so they cant keep an eye on him all the time. So to prevent him from removing the tube, they tied his hands to the bed frame... And you just feel like fuck when you see those eyes screaming "PLEASE DONT TIE ME UP ANYMORE" so... yea. Well when we're there we can untie the knots and wheel him out to look look see see. But when no one is there to take care of him i guess they go back to routine. It seems quite common for patients there to be tied up in one way or another. My parent's friend's dad was there too and apparently he tried to commit suicide or wad =\ so they belted him down to the bed.

Ohhh, and my mom told me the other day they found some tumour growing at her liver now... Have to go for op again and this time the chemo will be the drip kind instead of oral medication. Dammit.

So yea. Life has never been better.


No comments: