Sunday, August 16, 2009

~ Cake Anyone? ~



Hah. Interesting title? Lemme explain. Ever since secondary school, i've been learning and coming into contact with this thing called functional writing. Back then i thought it was just another useless section of the English subject that required only storage and regurgitation.

As the days went by I slowly found myself in more and more situations where the drafting of a formal letter was required. Like when I was doing my Admin jobs and had to send out emails to boss(es) and external people, and when Wei Bin kept asking me to help him out with replying to his customers from his family's bus business.

But of all the Formal Letters I had to write so far, the one I just wrote takes the cake. (and i imagine that it will keep the cake for a long time). I just drafted my Mom's will(or at least the part which concerns an insurance policy payout). Right? Takes the cake right? Its just one of those things you would never see yourself doing in a million years. LIFE is like drama.


No comments: